As a business owner, you know the importance of printers in the office. However, if your printers aren’t properly managed, it can lead to issues such as increased costs, wasted resources, and even a security breach. In Part 1 of this blog series, we’ll explore some of the most common print oversights made by businesses and how you can avoid them!
1. Uncontrolled Spending – Businesses often underestimate the cost of printing. Print-related costs can consume anywhere from 7% to 13% of budgets when user restrictions are absent. This can lead to an excessive amount of printing, which in turn, leads to higher costs.
2. Unsecure Print Devices – Unprotected network printers and MFPs have become prime targets for hackers. These devices store sensitive data, which can be accessed by unauthorized individuals if left unprotected. In addition, confidential documents left in the printer output tray can also be easily stolen or viewed by unauthorized personnel.
3. No User Print Restrictions – Can people print as much as they want in your organization? Many businesses allow their employees to print without any restrictions. This can lead to an excessive amount of printing, which not only wastes paper and other resources but can also be harmful to the environment.
4. Reactive vs Proactive Service – Are you calling for service AFTER the problem occurs? Many businesses are reactive when it comes to their printing needs. This means that they only call for service when a problem arises, which can lead to downtime and lost productivity.
5. Color Printing Abuse – Color prints cost 5 to 7 times the cost of black and white prints on most devices. Many businesses continue to allow their employees to print in color on all documents. This can lead to increased costs and wasted resources.
These common print oversights can be easily prevented with the help of a Managed Print Services provider. They can help implement print restrictions, secure print devices, and offer proactive print strategies to create a more efficient and eco-friendly printing environment. In Part 2 of this blog, we will discuss more print oversights that businesses make. Stay tuned!
About Modern Office Methods (MOM)
Modern Office Methods has helped businesses navigate their document challenges for over 60 years. They offer Production Print Solutions, Managed Print Services, Software Solutions and IT Services to help enhance their customers’ business processes while reducing expenses.
For the latest industry trends and technology insights visit MOM’s main Blog page.