No one wants to experience a data breach, but the simple fact is it happens regularly to businesses of all sizes, across all industries. A data breach can not only cost you money, but it can also damage your reputation and shake your customers’ trust.
9 Data Security Weaknesses to Take Seriously
Several factors can increase your exposure leaving your business vulnerable. It’s important to be aware of these 9 security weaknesses and take the appropriate actions to protect your business.
- Web Security: Web security is critical to business continuity. Its focus is on protecting data, users, and businesses from risk.
- A Cybersecurity Architecture and Infrastructure: A security architecture is the foundation of your defense against a breach. It ensures all components of your IT infrastructure are protected.
- Data Security: The goal of data security is to protect the data your business creates, collects, stores, receives, and transmits; it all must be protected.
- User Security Training: Anyone who has access to your IT systems should be trained to understand their effect on cybersecurity.
- Incident Response and Security Operations: Security Centers monitor and analyze network activity including, servers, networks, endpoints, applications, websites, databases, and other systems to detect any anomalous activities.
- Endpoint Security: Endpoint security refers to securing devices including laptops, desktops, and mobile devices. Endpoints create potential access points for bad actors to exploit.
- Email Security and Protection: Email security solutions include firewalls, anti-phishing controls, spam filtering, antivirus strategies, data loss protection, spyware detection, and encryption to protect you from attacks like phishing, business email compromise, credentials hacking, and more.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM): IAM is a framework of technologies, processes, and policies, that allow the management of electronic or digital identities. IAM can help you control user access to critical information within your company.
- Threat Intelligence: Data is collected, processed, and analyzed to understand a hacker’s behaviors, targets, and motives. Threat intelligence enables you to make faster, more informed data-backed security decisions to take a proactive stance.
The time to act is before a breach happens. There is no such thing as 100% protection but addressing these weaknesses can significantly reduce your exposure and vulnerability to an attack.
About Modern Office Methods (MOM)
Modern Office Methods has helped businesses navigate their document challenges for over 60 years. They offer Production Print Solutions, Managed Print Services, Software Solutions and IT Services to help enhance their customers’ business processes while reducing expenses.
For the latest industry trends and technology insights visit MOM’s main Blog page.