Welcome back! In Part 1, we shed light on some common print blunders businesses make in the way they manage their print. In Part 2, we’ll cover five more mistakes that businesses should avoid.
If you follow the tips outlined here, you can optimize your printing practices and save your organization time and money. So, let’s have a look at the next five print blunders that businesses commonly make.
6. Last-Minute Toner Orders – Last-minute toner orders for a business can be a real headache! Not only can they be expensive due to rushed shipping costs, but they also create unnecessary stress and disruption. Plan ahead and maintain a sufficient supply of toner so that your business can operate smoothly without any disruptions.
7. Multiple Print Vendors & Confusing Invoices – Dealing with multiple print vendors can result in confusion and inconsistent pricing, varying service levels and a lack of accountability when things go wrong. With multiple vendors come multiple invoices, each with different payment terms and details. This can be time-consuming to manage and can make it difficult to budget and track expenses.
8. Inefficient Print Usage & Cost Visibility – Many businesses have no clear visibility into how they print or what they spend on it. To manage printing costs effectively, businesses need visibility into how much they are spending and how printing resources are being used. With these insights, businesses can make informed decisions about how to optimize their printing resources.
9. Printers are an IT Distraction – Managing printers is often seen as an IT function. However, dealing with printer-related issues can be a significant drain on IT resources. This can take valuable time away from other mission-critical IT responsibilities, leading to reduced productivity and increased frustration for IT staff.
10. No Print Policy for Employees – Without a print policy in place, businesses can experience uncontrolled printing and spending. A print policy helps establish guidelines around printing, including rules around when color printing is appropriate, when double-sided printing should be used, and when it is acceptable to print personal documents at work. These guidelines help to reduce unnecessary printing, which can save businesses money, reduce their environmental footprint, and lead to more efficient use of company resources.
While avoiding common print blunders is important, it can be challenging for businesses to implement these changes on their own. This is where a Managed Print Services (MPS) provider can help. An MPS provider offers customized solutions to help businesses streamline their printing practices, reduce costs, and increase efficiency. With Managed Print Services, businesses can receive regular toner deliveries, consolidate print vendors, gain analytics on printing habits, delegate printer management, establish printing policies, and more. Partnering with an MPS provider can help businesses save valuable time and resources while optimizing their printing practices.
About Modern Office Methods (MOM)
Modern Office Methods has helped businesses navigate their document challenges for over 60 years. They offer Production Print Solutions, Managed Print Services, Software Solutions and IT Services to help enhance their customers’ business processes while reducing expenses.
For the latest industry trends and technology insights visit MOM’s main Blog page.