Wide format printing is more versatile and less expensive than using a traditional printing press. A wide format printer works with digital graphic files to print vibrant colors in superb detail.
The limit in size is only constrained by the measurement of the printer’s width. Depending on the printer model, this width can be 18 inches to 100 inches. However, printers that handle more than 100 inches exist these are super-wide format printers.
Most of these printers work with rolls of paper or other materials. As a result, this means that the limit of an unbroken length for a printed item is directly connected to the limit of the material remaining on the roll. In other words, wide format printers are exceptionally good at printing long, beautiful banners.
Exceptional Range of Wide Format Printers
- Acid-Free, Museum-Grade, Fine Art Paper — This type of paper is the kind used to print limited-edition lithographs.
- PVC Vinyl — Printing on PVC Vinyl creates a banner that is durable and resistant to water damage. This material creates easy to set up, portable, and promotional display stands for conventions and exhibitions.
- Self-Adhesive Vinyl — This material sticks to glass and walls. It is easy to remove and reuse.
- Window Graphics — This see-through material is perfect for placement on large windows.
Millions of Colors
Every color imaginable can be printed. This means, the printers include those that use water-based ink, solvent-based inks, and UV-based flatbed printers with specialized ink.
Water-Based Inkjet Printers — These are the most common because they offer excellent resolution and quick output.
Solvent-Based Inkjet Printers — These printers use inks that are more durable and are suitable for exterior use and exposure to inclement weather.
UV-Based Flatbed Printers — These use durable ink prints on various items including t-shirts and coffee mugs.
These printers can be used for many creative ventures, which are very useful for marketing and promotion. Some specialty items include:
- Wraps — These are graphics that wrap around vehicles, the walls of rooms, and the exterior of buildings.
- Concert Staging — These long banners can hang down from the rigging at concerts.
- Temporary Structures — Entire walls made of printed vinyl strips that establish boundaries to create temporary spaces.
In the end, every business can make use of wide format printing. If you’d like to learn more or purchase a wide format printer for your business, contact Modern Office Methods today.